Monday, September 15, 2014

And we're live......

Wow...here it is.

It feels weird putting my life and that of my family out on the interwebz.

Why am I doing this?  

Why would any sane person put their personal thoughts and stories out to the world to be criticized and ridiculed by strangers? Why would someone leave the safe bubble of friends and family that are supportive and, if they judge, only do so in loving silence?

Short answer:
I'm bored, a glutton for punishment and...lets be honest...no one never accused me of being completely sane.

Long Answer:
There are so many amazing people and their blogs have helped me in my understanding, acceptance and loneliness living with a child recently diagnosed with ASD...they have become my Spectrum Sherpas. When I first started reaching out for people like me with kids like The Boy and I then found these people I felt like I was home.

Even in this online world of fellowship, being a parent to a child with ASD is a lonely and scary place. The future, far and near, is always uncertain. It's nice to have someone to talk to even if it's myself.

So I'm putting myself out there. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm by no means an expert or even a veteran of this world. I've only just joined the ranks in the past year but have spent my son's life in the trenches with him. If I can make some other newbie ASD mom or dad feel like they are not alone, know it's OK to laugh threw the tears, and let the IPad babysit so they can have a beer and enjoy a TV show with out cartoon characters it's worth it. Or at least I hope it will be.

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment